Settlement of Joensuu
Settlement of Joensuu is an association founded in 2002. The aim of our work is to strengthen people’s capabilities, sense of belonging and wellbeing. Our main focus is in child and youth work, multicultural work and work with elderly people. Settlement of Joensuu is a member of the Finnish Settlement Association and part of the international settlement movement. Settlement of Joensuu is politically and religiously unattached.
- Confidence in the ability of people and communities to independently solve problems
- Respecting people as individuals
- Social gender sensitive youth work
- Global Friday – Cultural café on Fridays from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Development project for multicultural housing
- Senior work – meeting places and volunteer work for elderly citizens